Coffee Break and [Oppo] Research

Tuesday, I went into town with Cristina to run some errands. After standing in line for 40 minutes at the bank, we decided we'd earned a coffee break. Taking time out of your day for un cafecito (or tea) with friends or family is an important part of the culture here. And if that coffee break happens to last a couple hours, that's completely acceptable. When you visit someone's house (even if unannounced), you can expect to be given a snack and either coffee or juice.


We stumbled on this cute little cafe, and we weren't disappointed. Cristina thought it would be a great place to sell her cards. The owner is American, and the cafe seems to target both locals and foreigners.

Cristina wants to open a cafe on the little patio in front of their house, but Pepe doesn't love the idea. [In his defense, they do have a lot of irons in the fire, but as the saying goes, if you want something done ask a busy person.] I'm all for it! I told her to hurry up and get it running, and I'll bake breads (apple, banana, I don't know what else I can manage here) for her to sell. :)

So, in addition to a much deserved break, we were also doing research on what we think Cristina's cafe should look like and offer. Obviously, it needs some great plants and artwork. Some pretty ladies wouldn't hurt, either. ;)


P.S. My apologies. I had a funding grant application deadline earlier this week, which zapped my creative energies (ok, it zapped all of my energies). Thank God that's over! Here's to getting back on track with research, writing, and blogging!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamor Festival

Research has officially started

Pijal with Archy Friends and Super Cool Tech